I visited Mom today. She was going in and out of ICU psychosis again. Once we started into a conversation, she kind of snapped out of it but once in a while she'd drift off into a parallel universe.
She had no temp, was still on the vent with low oxygen but the vent was still doing all the work. That' all I could find out.
Yet again, Mom's nurse had never had her before and couldn't give me a current status update. There has been once since Mom has been in Hurley that I've seen a nurse that has had her more than once! Hurley must outsource all of their nurses from agencies! Again, I will complain, that I am extremely uninformed about her medical condition. I'm sure that the staff update Mom and Dad on a regular basis but that helps me none. You all probably know that Dad is horrible at remembering anything like this and Mom can barely talk and is going in and out of ICU psychosis. If anyone else in the family has gotten an update while they are visiting her in the hospital, I don't know about it.
I asked Mom and Dad about transferring her to Henry Ford. Yesterday, Dad agreed with me. Today he explained that the "Guys from the Lodge" said that Hurley is a great hospital so now he is against transferring her! Damn those men! (For once, I'd like to carry more weight than a bunch of retired beer drinking men -- just once.) Mom doesn't want to transfer because she'll be worried about Dad. She is enjoying his company for hours on end every day. Too bad, I'd rather her be alive.
Her case manager stopped in to say hi. She couldn't give me any infor either. She did manage to scoff at me about transferring Mom to Hurley.
Still worried about Dad and winter. He shouldn't be driving much less in the dark or on roads that are anything other than dry. If anyone has an idea about what I can do with him, please let me know. Short of having him live with me, I'm lost. He won't live with me.
I think about how stressed I am and how sorry I am that I can't see Mom more than the 4 days a week I see her. Then I think how selfish I am because at least I'm not the one laying in that bed with one machine breathing for me and another one feeding me. It's hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment