Medically, Mom's condition hasn't changed much. Cognitively, Mom is much better. She wasn't paranoid or afraid tonight when I visited her. In fact, she declared that she wanted to eat. (It's too bad it took her regression as a result of her not eating to make her want to eat.) She seemed to be in good spirits considering that they have her in there with her hands tied -- they're still afraid that they'll take the tube out of her nose but I think that she's past that now.
I told her that I asked the doctors to transfer her to UofM and she said "good" without hesitation. Dad agreed, too. I hope that I'll be able to get Dad to stay with me at least now and again IF Mom gets transferred to U of M. Dave could take him to Ann Arbor when he goes to work and we could keep an eye on him.
I've asked the Docs at Hurley to call me four times and they never have returned my calls. Today, the Case Manager didn't return my call either. I've been told by more than one nurse that it's almost unheard of for a doctor in Hurley ICU to call a patient's advocate. This is absurd. This is the first time that this has come up. The docs at McLaren, HF ICU, HF general, and Hurley Rehab all called to keep me posted. All the more reason to get her out of Hurley. Hurley already starved her. Am I the only decision maker that works full time? The nurse tonight told me that I should come up and wait for the docs to do rounds. "When?" I asked. "Between 8 and 4," she said. Yeah, right.
Kim will visit her tomorrow evening and Aunt Susie will visit her on Thursday. Dad visits her often.
The Women of the Moose will start taking Dad food on a weekly basis. Martha and Carl W will start dropping in to check on Dad. I will ask Mr Ballard as well as neighbor Art to do the same. Anyone else want to decide what to do with Dad? I really would rather not as you can imagine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment