We're back to where we started. I'm not sure if this bought is a result of everything Mom's been through or if she never shook what that was to begin with. For sure, her determination to not eat has attributed to this.
I will visit Mom later when Dave gets back to watch Carter. The following is the report I received from the doctor this morning. Mom had too much fluid on board so the medical staff asked to remove fluid from her right lung via needle in the back. Since she was struggling for breath, of course we agreed. She is back on the vent and has another tube up her nose so that they can administer the proper meds and tube feed her directly to her tummy. She had a low grade temp last night. They are running all the standard cultures -- I've lost count of how many she's had taken by now. She is continuously monitored now that she's back in critical care. Her kidney levels are a little high but not dangerous (creatin about 2.something). I can only imagine how all of this is impacting her delirium -- she must be scared.
Now I'm starting to worry about Dad. I had hoped all along that Mom would get better much faster than this so that she can take care of him. I'm going to start getting nosey and see if his friends believe that he is capable of taking care of himself in the long run because I do not. He's putting down the whiskey pretty well on a regular basis. This coupled with the fact that his left half of his body is weakening, he's losing his balance, and he blacks out from multiple strokes, he had high blood pressure, corroded arteries, and inoperable blockages... yeah, might be time to face this uncomfortable situation. I might need to force him to live with me or someone that can keep an even closer eye on him or look to an agency to help watch over him. I'm also starting to realize that they probably won't be able to go to Florida. Dad driving on winter roads is a scary thought. I know it's only August but I feel like these plans need to start being considered now before it gets upon us. You know how time flies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment