Note: 1. Call before you visit her because she cannot have dialysis in this particular room. If you time it right, you may have to wait 3-4 hours to see her. 2. She actually is in room F2-21.
Today is my parents' wedding anniversary, 48 years!
Visitation: Aunt Susie is visiting Mom today; Dad my go with her. Dave took Dad to visit him yesterday. I may take Dad on Thursday if he wants to go. I need someone to take him during the week next week; Jan will take him during the work week too.
Nutrition: The ENT docs / speech therapists stopped her nutrition for some reason. She was given a liquid meal (jello, broth, etc.) this weekend when I was there but for some reason they act like that never happened. Either they didn't like the outcome or they didn't realize that the nurse experimented with the meal at the time.
Dialysis: She's still on it but her kidneys are doing better all the time.
Neuro: When I visited her the other day, Mom was visibly overwhelmed and missed my Dad and the family. I had Dad take all the get well cards that ended up at home when she transferred hospitals and also reminded him to take a card and flowers for their anniversary. My nurse friend, Kathy, told me that hospital staff love to see patients getting into "funks" because it's a great sign that a patient is on the right track. She also said that the staff love to see patients get grumpy because that's usually a sign that they're ready to be discharged. :)
Honestly, there's not a lot to report. She's doing wonderfully! As Aunt Susie said, all the prayers helped her get well. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment