Monday, July 9, 2007

July 9

Please let me know when you plan to visit her next.

Mom was moved out of ICU today! She is in room F2-22a. She was moved after I visited her so I don't know where that room is located on the HF Campus. I was only able to stay a couple hours.

She misses Dad tremendously. I REALLY need your help in getting him down there as much as possible. Dave is picking Dad up tomorrow, Tuesday, and dropping him off to stay the night in the HF apartments. Dave will visit with Mom, too, of course. Then I need someone to get him on Wednesday. I will then take him to his doctors appointment on Thursday and can take him back up to the hospital on Saturday. Jan will take him one day next week. I need someone else to take him next week, too.

Her kidneys are still not back to normal but she was averaging 30 ml / hour of output today and that is the bare minimum the docs like to see. She's still off the vent. The speech therapist was supposed to come back today to further assess her situation. They still have no idea what brought on the problems that put her in ER; they probably will never know. She's off the antibiotics today, too!

The main goal in her new room is to assess her situation and to tentatively plan her physical therapy (PT). This may take a few days. She will keep her trach in until her therapy is completed in case she regresses during the therapy. If she is moved hospitals for the therapy, I will be sure to ask that she be moved to as close to home as possible.

I think she's getting in a mental funk from being in the hospital so long, missing Dad, and from having bad dreams. She wasn't watching TV today or playing her handheld games and she wouldn't let me get her something to read. It's too bad that she's so far away because now is when she would like the company. She doesn't remember all the time we spent at her bedside when she was so sick. I'm ashamed to say that now that she's not critical and since she's so far away, it's time to start focusing a little more on work and kids. As Aunt Lisa said, it's ironic.

No comments: