Monday, July 16, 2007

July 16

On Friday, Mom's Case Manager called to let me know that they would be assessing her status on Monday and that if her condition stayed the same over the weekend that she may be released from the hospital to a rehabilitation center.

The problem is that she had a temperature yesterday and her blood pressure dropped pretty low so the infection is rearing its ugly head again. They put her on antibiotics. I am afraid that her release date may be pushed back. I'll call today to find out.

The Case Manager felt strongly that Mom should stay at the Rehabilitiation Center that is housed in Henry Ford Hospital even though it is not officially part of the hospital. She also told me that Hurly in Flint has one so I tried to talk her into releasing Mom to Flint but she wasn't very open to that idea. She said that ultimately, it's up to the docs. That decision may not be made at all today.

No one is scheduled to visit Mom today so I may try to get there for an hour or two. Dad's neighbor, Art, will take Dad on Tuesday and Dad will stay the night at least one night. Aunt Susie will visit Mom on Wednesday and may or may not take Dad home. I'm going to try to talk him into staying a few nights just to make getting him there something I don't have to worry about. When I ask him when he wants to go his reply is "I don't know, let's just wait and see." Easy for someone without anything but yardwork on his schedule to say! Wait and see = when Kaylee figures it out. Again, please let me know when you're going and please take Dad with you.

Kim and Andy took Dad to visit Mom on Saturday. Aunt Lisa and Jesse visited Mom on Sunday as did Dave and I. Dad wanted Sunday off.

No comments: