Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4

I plan to visit Mom tomorrow morning but will leave by noonish for a business meeting. I don't know when anyone else plans to visit her. If you could leave a comment or post with when you plan to go that would be nice for the group at large so that we can work around each other or plan to car pool. Just select "comment" below the most recent posting.

John, Dad, and I visited Mom today. We waited in the waiting room for a few hours while she was having her test before we had a chance to visit with her. The resident in charge of Mom emphasized that her case doesn't look like cancer. They hope that the test will explain why her pancreas is inflamed -- probably from the gall bladder. The results of the test were not available.


Mom was what I would describe as overly awake but confused. Her eyes were wide open and she kept looking around and shaking her head in way that made me think that she was thinking "What in the heck have I gotten myself into?" in a shocked kind of way. She responded appropriately to most of the questions I asked her but sometimes she'd just look at me without a response.

1 comment:

Lisa Noel said...

Hi Everyone, I thought I would go visit Lulu after work on Friday. (Soon as rush hour traffic settles down.) Tomorrow night I am taking the kids over to see John. I made a pot of chicken n dumplings I thought I would leave for Wayne and John to eat on.