Thursday, July 19, 2007

July 19

Miracles! Mom's Case Manager has put in a request for Mom to be discharged into a rehab center that will be capable of handling her trach care needs. The Case Manager has listened to us and is looking for a place for Mom in Flint. although it is possible that she may stay on the Henry Ford Campus if the Flint rehabs won't take her. Either way, I'm told that the longest stay allowed by insurance is 21 days but that the average stay is something like 13 days. Mom's ability to get strong enough to walk, etc, will determine her length of stay. I'm not sure where Mom will go after that but I assume it will either be a lower-need based facility or possibly at home with a home nurse stopping in to visit her (Kimmy!)

I forgot to ask about her hemoglobin levels!

No comments: