Tuesday, July 3, 2007

July 3

Visitation: John is in town and took Dad to see Mom. John will be around for about one week. I'm not sure when anyone is going to visit Mom. I will probably go on July 4 and then a couple more times before the end of the weekend. John is going to let Dad decide when he wants to go visit so I will report it if they actually come up with a game plan. Knowing Dad, they'll play it day by day. After this week, I'm going to try to visit her on T/TR/S. If anyone wants a ride on those days just let me know.

Neuro: Mom was more responsive on July 1 than on July 2. She opened her eyes for about 10 seconds when we told her we were leaving but we couldn't get her to open her eyes after that. The nurse tells me that Mom was following commands last night but isn't today, July 3. She may be tired from last night. She occasionally puts her hands on her belly, etc, so she's on the right track. If you really want to get a rise out of her, get in her face, she doesn't like that and she'll let you know it if she is alert... just ask Kimmy. ;)

Pancreas: The doctors noticed that she has "elevated levels" relating to her pancreas. They are calling it Pancreatitis. I think they discovered this from the CT scan. They would like to do a check that requires that Mom consume "contrast" but she's not well enough to tolerate that right now. This issue could be a result of her gall bladder too. See this link for some interesting information: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-pancreatitis.

Gut: The docs haven't made their rounds today (July 3) so I will call back later to find out what they have to say about her. Because of the Pancreatitis, they have stopped tube feeding her. She is getting some nutrition through on of her IVs.

Temp: She didn't have a temp for two days but she has a temp of 101 right now.

Everything else remains the same.

No comments: