Friday, June 29, 2007

June 12

Mom is looking better every day although now she is clearly in a funk either from her situation or the low level dose of anti-anxiety drugs. They had her sit in the chair again today. The ventilator was on CPAP (?) for 4-5 hours in the afternoon after a failed inital try in the morning. She just had no interest in communicating -- not just talking but listening, too. We need to get her off that damned ventilator! Something came back negative on her spudum (sp?) so she's in some kind of isolation -- just thoroughly wash your hands and don't take in food or drink and you'll be fine.

Can anyone commit to taking Dad up on hospital while Mom's in ICU on Tuesdays? Anyone for Fridays? I really need to try to establish a regular schedule so that I don't go nuts.

You know that your help is very much appreciated.

Who's taking Dad to the hospital:
(Please call him directly the day before to make arrangements -- I don't need or want to be involved.)
Today - Kaylee
Wed-Steph
Thurs-Kaylee
Fri - Kim
Sat - Kaylee
Sun - Kaylee
Mon - Kaylee
Tues -???????????
Wed - Aunt Lisa (and all Wed going forward)
Thursday-???????????
Friday-Kaylee

On most days when I don't take him, I will probably visit Mom from 8-9 am then head off to work in Brighton. I will start looking into home hospice tomorrow.

Calling everyone with an update is turning out to be an hour long project everyday. If you want an update, please give me a call. Otherwise, check your email; I'll send updates.

Thanks again all -- I love you!
Kaylee

No comments: