The afternoon doctor decided to take Mom off the vent because she seemed depressed and her progress in getting off the machine was stalled. The logic behind this move still eludes me.
I just called for an update at 11:30 -- way past my bedtime! They ended up putting her back on the vent at 8 pm. Her blood pressure dropped. According to the nurse this is because she was working so hard that when her body figured out that it could rest, the blood pressure dropped a little too low, which is supposedly common. She's only on 2 units of the L medicine that keeps her blood pressure at safer levels.
The meeting I tried to call never happened because the doctor decided to make decisions on his own, apparently. The social worker is on vacation, I found out today, after nurses leaving her messages on my behalf. You'd think someone was checking her messages!
A special note... let's not discuss who's picking up Dad in front of him. It makes him feel bad.
I need to know more about the trechia ventilation. This could be permant??? This is new news to me.
We need to figure out what the long term game plan is if things continue as they are. But, I am also afraid to move her while she's so delicate.
Kaylee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment