Friday, June 29, 2007

June 13

Overall, Mom seems not to be loosing ground but any ground she's gaining is slight. Mom was off the ventilator with just oxygen for an hour and a half today but she was too pooped out so they put her back on the vent with 50% oxygen. They tried a few hours later again but she tired after 30 minutes. They decided to put her on full oxygen and vent until tomorrow. They won't consider taking her off the vent permanently unless she can go without it for about a half day.

Yesterday's excercises tired her out too much for any excercises today.

I was getting very upset about her lack of response when it dawned on me that maybe she was having trouble hearing. Lo and behold, I asked her if she was having trouble hearing and her eyebrow reply was, "What?". She then confirmed that she was having trouble hearing. I asked Gina, my favorite nurse, and she said that the antibiotics she is on will cause hearing problems (temporary and / or permanent) and that she'd let the docs know.

I am concerned about how long this is taking. I again find myself struggling without knowing the game plan so I'm going to make sure I learn what that is tomorrow. I'll try to set up a family meeting with the social worker and doctor for near the end of the business day. If you're interested in attending, call me and if you don't get me, leave a message at the nurses station for me.

Aunt Lisa, I'm sorry I neglected to mention that you're sick in the email last night. I had full intentions of doing so but it slipped my little, frazzled mind.

I'm taking Dad to a 2:40 appointment with his Cardiologist then we're heading up to the hospital to visit for a while after that. I don't know when anyone else is visiting tomorrow. Friday, I will try to get up there from 8-9 am. Kim is taking Dad up for a visit sometime, maybe late morning or early afternoon.

Today, I didn't have time to check on hospice but I'll ask the social worker about it tomorrow. It's scary that Mom wouldn't leave Dad alone anymore because she was so worried about him and now here he is by himself all the time. I wish he'd move in with me!

That's all, love you, take care,
Kaylee

No comments: