- Sorry for all the details... I don't know how else to let you know what's up with Mom. All in all, she is slightly better than yesterday.
- U of M told McLaren today that they don't have room for Mom. I don't know if this could change tomorrow or if they are saying that they won't accept her. I plan to investigate further. McLaren is asking Henry Ford to take her but we won't sign off on it until we find out more about Ann Arbor. First, I want her in the best hospital and second, downtown Detroit is not exactly convenient for anyone. Ann Arbor would be much better for me personally -- not that that matters.
- Mom's temp continues to fluctuate. At 9 pm it was at 102.
- Her blood sugar is also up a little from the decent reading from earlier today but that's being controlled by insulin and is nowhere as bad as it was yesterday at this time.
- Her kidneys were not working at all for the last 36 hours but she produced 15 units (ml?) of urine last hour. A normal person generates at least 30 per hour but considering she produced 10 in five hours yesterday, things are moving in the right direction.
- She was awake on and off when I was there this afternoon but she was not very communicative.
- Her stomach decided to stop working this afternoon but that may just be a result of her body self regulating where the blood is going like to help keep her blood pressure up. A break for the stomach isn't bad for a short while. When I just touched base with the hospital, they said that her stomach was empty so the small amount of nutrients they left in her stomach 4 hours ago has been used so that is also moving in the right direction.
- Her blood pressure is artificially OK. The medicine they use to keep it up damages the kidneys as does just about everything they've done to her so far so the fact that her kidneys shut down after having the die used in the cat scan isn't very surprising to the hospital staff. This sounds bad but it is a risk we took when we allowed them to give her the cat scan to check for the swelling in her small intestine and the antibiotics to control the infection (yet to be diagnosed), etc etc. The kidney doctor feels that her kidneys will right themselves soon. Cross your fingers and pray.
All this from the flu. DO NOT LET ANYONE YOU KNOW LET THIS HAPPEN TO THEM!
I'm taking Dad up to the hospital tomorrow around noon assuming that she's staying at McLaren tomorrow. As we figure out where and when she'll be at another hospital, I will start putting the game plan together for getting Dad there. Thanks for your help in advance!
Kaylee
No comments:
Post a Comment