Friday, June 29, 2007

June 26

Pray, hope, cross your fingers.

I cannot thank you enough for all your help in getting Mom into UM Hospital. Thanks also for your well wishes.

About her location:
Time is up, we can't wait anymore. I found a lot of allies in getting Mom into UM Hospital but my efforts to will Mom into that hospital yielded no results today. Ann Arbor said no again this evening. The Mayo Clinic in Clevland still has no bed for her so we decided to go with Henry Ford in Detroit which just cleared a bed for her. She is being taken via helicopter probably around 9 pm; she's in no condition to be driven. From what I've been told, once you transfer someone to another hospital, UM Hospital is really unlikely to take her. If you believe otherwise, please let me know.

About her condition:
Mom's condition is unchanged today except that her stomach wouldn't process nutrients where it did a little yesterday.

About her room:
Her room number is C5-13B. The phone number there is 313-916-1631 (or 313-916-3948 if the first number doesn't answer). Visiting hours are 24 hours but I'm told that the nurses prefer that we go during daytime hours to help keep Mom on a day/night schedule. The address there is 2799 W. Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202-2608, near the Lodge which is under construction so getting there should be interesting.

What About Dad?
I am just plain too exhausted (mostly mentally) to make the drive there tonight so I will call tonight and go in the morning. I'll take Dad with me, I assume. I need to have a talk with him about allowing other people besides just family to help get him get there otherwise he won't be able to see Mom very often. I don't see mass transit being an option for him. I hear that Henry Ford has apartments for families who have to travael as far as ours. I'll investiage this option further but I know Dad, he won't want to stay there.

What About Kaylee?
I am thankfully surrounded by great people. My kids (can't resist, see attached) and my husband keep me sane; my Mom's sisters and their daughters visit Mom and help with Dad as much as they can; and my staff keep Sign-A-Rama working seemlessly without me.

Pray, hope, cross your fingers,
Thanks again,
Kaylee

No comments: