Friday, June 29, 2007

June 6

Aunt Susie: I suspect that you're awake now but I don't want to call and risk waking you. I just noticed your voice mail, sorry for the delayed reponse.

I wonder if you're available to go up to the hospital tomorrow? I hope to be there 8-9 am by myself then again from 12-3 pm with Dad. I'd like Mom to have someone else visit her for a few hours after that -- I'll leave the time up to you.

I was there until 2:30ish today when Aunt Lisa took over and stayed until 6ish. We were the only two to visit Mom today. Mom was looking great. She doesn't seem to remember her comments about evil people so please don't mention it to her. She was nonchalant about being by herself tonight so I decided not to keep up the 24 hour vigil. I want to stop up there early tomorrow just to make sure she was really ok with it.

They attempted to remove her vent today but, in my uneducated opinion, they took the fast track and it stressed Mom's body out too much. They put her back on the vent but it is doing less work than it has in the past. Basically, they need to give Mom's muscles a little more time to get used to breathing all the time. I think she tried so hard to breathe by herself that she wore herself out. Keep your fingers crossed that they can remove the vent tomorrow with no complications. Although, don't be surprised if it doesn't work again.

That's all for now. Please call me to let me know if you can make it tomorrow. Kim, Steph, Andy, Dave, Aunt Lisa, and I all have conflicts.

No comments: